Wednesday, October 20, 2010

KINDLE!

I guess my newest news is that I received a Kindle last week as an anniversary gift from my husband. He knows me so very well. I am both an avid reader and gadget girl. The Kindle falls under the heading of two great things that go great together - kinda like Reeses peanut butter cups.

Don't get me wrong. I still very much enjoy reading actual books. And magazines. And the newspaper.

But I really like the Kindle. Initially, I "purchased" a bunch of free things: The Scarlett Letter, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Outlander, Little Women and some other things. My first actual purchase was my next book club selection Blood of Flowers: A Novel. Which I started reading immediately and am really liking a lot.

The other news is kind of a good/bad thing. The bad part being that the hard drive on our computer crashed over the weekend. The good part is that in getting it fixed, we got a whopping big new hard drive. Yippee!!! Also used this opportunity to get a wireless router installed, making me a happy WiFi girl. Double Yippee!!!

No comments: